Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

New Zealand Shake Out


At school today we had a earthquake drill.
The school bell started ringing.  It went ‘ring, ring, ring, ring, ring’ for ages like five minutes.
I quickly went under the table.  Everyone else in my class went under the table. Whaea Meri and Whaea Chanella went under the table too.
It felt real.  I kept thinking what it would be like if the building broke with things falling around us.  When the bell stopped ringing we lined up at the door. After that, I went to the field where the rest of the school was.
Instead of hiding in the cupboard or running outside I will crawl under the table to stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Maui, I love reading your stories and can't wait to read what you will write about this term. Great time words used in this recount.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.